History of the Word of Wisdom, Apr 1, 1849

-- Apr 1, 1849
[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] April 1st Sunday I preached to the saints in New York in the forenoon & afternoon in great plainness to the Saints. G J Adams was present in the Afternoon. Left before meeting Closed. I took tea with Elder Hollister. I Called upon Ilus F Carter in the evening. (1)

-- Apr 10, 1849
[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] 10th A rainy day. I had An interview with Appleby & Crump. I deliverd to Br Appleby $21, $15 for A. O. Smoot And $6 for Aphek Woodruff to buy Groceries with. I wrote A O Smoot A letter. I Called upon Mrs Mary Ann Banks 254 Seventh street. I took tea with them. Herd excellent Music & went home. (1)

-- Apr 11, 1849
[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] 11th I wrote A letter to Aphek Woodruff & done up a bundle of papers to A O Smoot, A. Woodruff J. Benbow & B Young. I put my package in A Box & put in 4 lb. of [-] 2 lbs. tea for Aphek Woodruff besides the main bundle. I had $2 for the Above things of Crump. I met with the Saints. Had a good time. (1)

-- Apr 23, 1849
[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] ... I was introduced to them. I took tea with him & family. He put £1 A sovereign into my hands at the table. May the Lord bless him fourfold I pray. 15 miles. (1)

-- May 8, 1849
[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] 8th I wrote 3 letters to James Mellen, Wm Maxfield and Samuel Dam. I demanded Br Samuel Dam license for intoxication lying & disgracing the Cause.... (1)

Footnotes:
1 - Wilford Woodruff's Journal: 1833-1898 Typescript, Volumes 1-9, Edited by Scott G. Kenney, Signature Books 1993, http://amzn.to/newmormonstudies

LDS History Chronology: the Word of Wisdom

Mormon Timeline: the Word of Wisdom
http://lds-church-history.blogspot.com/