Rebaptism, Sep 23, 1890

-- Sep 23, 1890
[Apostle Marriner W. Merrill Diary] Tuesday. My son Willie and daughter Rhoda were baptized for 45 of my relatives and friends today. We had 1,046 for baptism. I received telegram from President Woodruff to be in Salt Lake tomorrow. (1)


-- Sep 30, 1890
[Apostle Marriner W. Merrill Diary] Tuesday. Baptized 856 today. We had some rain and prospects of more. Willard commenced school in the College yesterday. (1)


-- Oct 9, 1890
[Apostle Marriner W. Merrill Diary] We had 51 for endowments and baptized 12 today. Cold and stormy. I received check dividend from Bullion Beck and Champion Mining Company $368.10. Cost of Almira's wagon house on end of her barn, as per bills filed, $276.40. (1)


-- Oct 21, 1890
[Apostle Marriner W. Merrill Diary] Tuesday. We have 675 for baptism today. Weather very fine. I sent a check to C. E. Merrill to pay Heber's clothes bill, Salt Lake, $33.50. Check was $40.86. Also sent an order to Parley Merrill to pay my Lewiston water tax, and paid Lars Jacobson of Logan for 18 days on Almira's barn and making bee houses and honey boxes, cash $36.00. I also wrote to Carl Nordberg, Salt Lake, and sent him mill account. (1)


-- Oct 28, 1890
[Apostle Marriner W. Merrill Diary] Tuesday. I deposited $1,000.00 in Thatcher & Company's Bank in favor of Richmond Co-op, and paid my County, Territorial, and School taxes, $236.47; also paid $5.50 to Dentist Kyser for my wife Cyrene. Visited the bank, barber's, U. O. Store, and court house, and came back to Temple. We baptized 818 today. I received a letter from Alma and wrote him this evening. (1)


-- Nov 18, 1890
[Apostle Marriner W. Merrill Diary] I sent Marriner receipt of deposit to Richmond Co- op $174.35. I have donated $100.00 cash for hauling gravel on the streets in Richmond. Willard, my son, has quit attending college and commenced with Frank Lewis to work putting in drains on South Farm. We baptized 646 today. Weather beautiful. (1)


-- Dec 9, 1890
[Apostle Marriner W. Merrill Diary] Tuesday. Baptized 496 today. Weather pleasant. No snow in the Valley but considerable on the mountains. (1)


-- Jan 9, 1891
[Apostle Marriner W. Merrill Diary] I received from Samuel Roskelly, Temple Recorder, the yearly bulletin showing the amount of work done in Logan Temple for 1890, which is as follows: Baptisms, 30,788; endowments, 12,748; ordinations, 4,465; sealings, 3,831, children to parents, 1,492; adoptions, 53; second anointings, 207. (1)


-- Feb 3, 1891
[Apostle Marriner W. Merrill Diary] Tuesday. We had 194 only for baptism today. Thermometer 10 degrees below zero this a. m. Held a U. O. M. & B. Co. directorsÂ' meeting in my office as I was not able to go out. Present: D. Eccles, C. W. Nibley, George Cole, Erastus Cole, and M. W. Merrill. Heard reports of earnings of last 6 months, over $8,000.00. (1)


-- Sep 29, 1891
[Apostle Marriner W. Merrill Diary] Tuesday. I came to Logan this morning. We baptized 450 today. I wrote to the Bishop of Richmond for recommends for the following: Sarah, Cyrene, Almira, and Maria Merrill, Elizabeth A. Lewis Whitney, Sophia Angman, Edgar, Lewis, Ezra, Amos, and Laura Merrill. Also wrote to H. E. Gibson, Ogden, for 10 bushels of fall wheat for seed. (1)

Endnotes:
1 - Notes from the Miscellaneous Record Book, 1886-1906: Selected diary notes from the journal books of Marriner Wood Merrill, http://amzn.to/newmormonstudies

LDS History Chronology: Unconventional Baptisms

Mormon History Timeline: Forms of Rebaptism in LDS History
http://lds-church-history.blogspot.com/