Lorenzo Snow, Jan 27, 1859

-- Jan 27, 1859
[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] 27 I called upon the Secretary with Lorenzo Snow to get our pay. He paid me $105 per diem & $.50 for Milege $155.

<I conversed with Brother Snow upon the good of his taking Phebe for his wife.>

The Secretary Still owes me $15 for the 5 days while going to Fillmore. The Secretary takes a strange Course. He pays some their Full per diem $120 others He pays $105 and other Less.

I paid my tithing to Brother Calder $15.50. I settled with Bishop Hoagland my tithing which amounted to $205.74. I had paid it all except $20.50 which I setteled with an order to that amount from [ ].

I spent the evening at home. It had snowed all day. Wilford Robert, Susan, & Delight all went over to Fort Harriman through the snow Storm. Elder Lorenzo Snow spent the evening with me till midnight. <He had some diversion with Phebe.> (1)


-- Feb 22, 1859
[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] ... I believe the day is not far off when the Twelve will have all that is necessary.

He related a dream about B[e/a?]llon & gold &c. J Taylor said I will prophesy that it shall be fulfilled. Lorenzo Snow said I will prophesy that the Moon is made under which it shall be fulfilled. O Hyde said I will Prophesy that the time will soon come when we shall have all that we want. ... (1)


-- Mar 4, 1859
[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] 4th / Phebe Amelia was married to Lorenzo Snow By Presidet Young.

/I Called at the office in the morning. Was poorly in Health. I wrote 2 letters to JMB, 1 to H. S. Eldridge. We have a tremendious snow storm.

I spent most of the day on History. (1)


-- Apr 3, 1859
[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] ... Lorenzo Snow accompanied me home & we met with the Twelve in our Prayer Circle. O Pratt Prayed & G. A. Smith was mouth. They Called upon the Lord to ward off the blow of our enemies and that their folley & wickedness might be made manifest in the Eyes of the Nation and that the Judgments of God might rest upon the wicked who were seeking the lives of the righteous. The views of the Brethren were expressed Concerning the illegal procedings of the Court in Provo and believed the Lord would overrule it for the good of his people. ... (1)

Endnotes:
1 - Wilford Woodruff's Journal: 1833-1898 Typescript, Volumes 1-9, Edited by Scott G. Kenney, Signature Books 1993, http://amzn.to/newmormonstudies

LDS History Chronology: Lorenzo Snow

Mormon History Timeline: the life of Lorenzo Snow
http://lds-church-history.blogspot.com/

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "LDS Church History" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to LDS-church-history+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.