Dreams in LDS History, 1961

LDS History Chronology: Dreams

-- During 1961
[Dream Mine] The mine continued in fits and starts under the leadership of Quayle Dixon for twenty-three years. In 1961, a new company, The Relief Mine Company, succeeded the Koyle Mining Company and continued to do the minimum $100 per claim annual assessment work. (1)

-- Feb 20, 1977
In Monterrey, Mexico President Spencer W. Kimball preaches: "I mentioned to your brothers and sisters in Mexico City last week that in 1947 I was in Arizona at the temple. As thought and prayed and studied, I had what I thought was a dream, maybe a vision. There were many Mexican people in the temple on that same day. As I looked into the future, I saw that the Lamanites were going to grow and develop. As my vision continued, I saw great numbers of Lamanites and Nephites now in beautiful homes with all the comforts that science can give. I see you Lamanite people grown to cover a thousand hills with your flocks and herds." (2)

-- Jan 24, 1980
[U.S. Religious History] On this night, William Murray (son of American atheist Madalyn Murray O'Hair) had a dream which he interpreted as a religious vision from God, leading to his conversion to a fundamentalist brand of Christianity. He gave up drinking and smoking and engaged in efforts to undue the separation of church and state which his mother had long struggled for. (3)

Footnotes:
1 - Utah History Encyclopedia: Dream Mine, http://www.media.utah.edu/UHE/d/DREAMMINE.html
2 - This Day in Mormon History, http://www.advent-adam.com/jakestand.html
3 - Cline, Austin, History of American Religion: Timeline

Mormon Timeline: Dreams
http://lds-church-history.blogspot.com/