The history of Z.C.M.I, Wednesday, Oct 2, 1889

-- Wednesday, Oct 2, 1889
[Apostle John Henry Smith Diary] Salt Lake City

Presidents W. Woodruff, G. Q. Cannon, J. F. Smith, L. Snow, F. D. Richards, B. Young, F. M. Lyman, H. J. Grant, J. W. Taylor and myself met in Council. President W. Woodruff presented the names of M. W. Merrill, A. H. Lund and A. H. Cannon to fill the Quorum of Twelve and all present did endorse them.

Saturday, Oct. 5, 1889 - Salt Lake City [general conference]

I attended the Stockholders meeetings of Z.C.M.I. and the Gas Co. and was only a short time at the Conference. I spoke a few moments. (1)

-- Friday, Nov 8, 1889
[Apostle John Henry Smith Diary] Salt Lake City

I was busy about the City all day.

I borrowed $5,500.00 for one year at 8 percent per annum and gave $6,500.00 Z.C.M.I. & Coop. W. & M. stock as security. (1)

-- Nov 30, 1889
[President Wilford Woodruff Journal] 30 We have a Decision By Judge Anderson that No mormon Need Apply for Citizenship for it wont be granted. This is a high Handed Measure. I signed 25 Recommends. Receivd 20 Letters. /Met with ZCMI Board./ (2)

-- Dec 2, 1889
[President Wilford Woodruff Journal] 2 Recommends signed 19. Received 19 Letters. I wrote 2 Letters to Newton & Sarah & co. I met with the ZCMI Board on S. W. Sears on his stock affairs. He finally turn over his stock to the Board as trustees which closed a bad Law suit in prospect By Sears. (2)

-- Jan 7, 1890
[President Wilford Woodruff Journal] 7 I signed 7 Recommends. I signed received 4 Letters. I wrote 5 public Letters. I signed 10 sheets of ZCMI Stock. I met with the Desert Land Company. (2)

Footnotes:
1 - Jean Bickmore White (editor), Church, State, and Politics: The Diaries of John Henry Smith, Signature Books in association with Smith Research Associates, Salt Lake City, 1990
2 - Wilford Woodruff's Journal: 1833-1898 Typescript, Volumes 1-9, Edited by Scott G. Kenney, Signature Books 1993
LDS History Chronology: Z.C.M.I

Mormon Timeline: Z.C.M.I
http://lds-church-history.blogspot.com/