Dreams in LDS History, Dec 15, 1846

LDS History Chronology: Dreams

-- Dec 15, 1846
[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] ...H C Kimball arose and related a dream. Said He was travelling with President Young vary fast and they thought they could fly and they flew through the air and lit down upon a large plain. And they saw it coverd with large groups of snakes and they had to jump from place to place to get over them but they lay still while they were in there midst. Brother Young said the interpetation was the people were full of evil and speaking evil of them but would not grumble while they were present. (1)

-- Jan 7, 1847
[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] 7th It was Colder to day than yesterday. It was 8 degrees below Zero. I spent the day at home And attended the High Council in the evening.
Retired to Bed And dreamed I was with the Saints Among the Indians in Peace but suddenly one came at me in a hostile manner to kill me. They shot at us but no one Killed And I awoke & it was a dream. (1)

-- Jan 9, 1847
[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] ...I went to bed, fell asleep, And dreamed some Indians came into my house with Axes with the intent to kill me. I got away from them went into the street And there two men one an Indian Stabed me with Knives in the side. I Hollowed murder and some came to my assistance And I awoke. These dreams mean sum thing. Some person or persons are plotting against my life And I am warned against the plots of my enemies. (1)

-- Jan 19, 1847
[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] 19th {<The company of Wilford Woodruff was organized this day.>}...
I Wilford Woodruff organized my family company this night At my own House consisting of 40 Men mostly Head men of families. Those that Joined me entered in a covenant with uplifted Hands to Heaven to keep all the commandments & Statutes of the Lord our God And to sustain me in my office.
.... We dismissed and parted in good spirits & feelings. I went to bed and fell asleep And dreamed {that I was <[-] with child and> ready to <be delivered> which was a singular dream. (1)

-- Feb 23, 1847
Brigham Young relates a dream to the "brethren of the Twelve" of meeting Joseph Smith (dead over a year and a half). "He looked perfectly natural, sitting with his feet on the lower round of his chair. I took hold of his right hand and kissed him many times, and said to him: 'Why is it that we cannot be together as we used to be. You have been from us a long time, and we want your society and I do not like to be separated from you.' Joseph rising from his chair and looking at me with his usual, earnest expressive and pleasing countenance replied, 'It is all right.' I said, 'I do not like to ba away from you.' Joseph Said, 'it is all right; we cannot be together yet; we shal be by and by; but you will have to do without me a while, and then we shall be together again.'" (2)

Footnotes:
1 - Wilford Woodruff's Journal: 1833-1898 Typescript, Volumes 1-9, Edited by Scott G. Kenney, Signature Books 1993
2 - This Day in Mormon History, http://www.advent-adam.com/jakestand.html

Mormon Timeline: Dreams
http://lds-church-history.blogspot.com/