Dreams in LDS History, Jul 21, 1850

LDS History Chronology: Dreams

-- Jul 21, 1850
[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] 21 Sunday Brother Petty is dangerously sick this morning. We Administered to him. Mrs Woodruff & Mrs Foss both had dreams last night that appeared to be omens of death or distress. We lay in camp to day. Many of our Oxen have sore necks & lame feet. We held A meeting in Camp. (1)

-- Oct 20, 1850
[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] 20th Sunday I met with the Saints in the Bowery. Was Called upon to Address the meeting. I gave An account of my mission to the East. I spoke of my dream I dreamed of dying & going to the place of the departed spirits. I saw Brother Joseph & Hyram Smith & many of the Saints who had died. They all appeared to be in a Hurry. I thought Strange to find them in A Hurry And I enquired the Cause. They informed me that the time was set for Christ to Come as the great Bridegroom to the Earth to meet the Bride the Lambs wife & they had not had time to prepare as those of other dispensations & Had to be in a Hurry in order to get ready. And when I awoke I was overwhelmed with a peculiar sensation at the view of the work the Latter Day Saints Had to perform in order to prepair the Bride for to meet the Bridegroom. I was followed by P. P. Pratt who spoke well. (1)

-- Apr 9, 1852
[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] ... I dreamed the Devil Had a looking glass. By looking into it you could see all the faults of your Neighbors but Could not see any of your own. I also Dreamed A woman went into Bishop Hunter & stole sister Hunters dress & came out into the street. I followed her to get the dress. When I looked into her face I saw she was a Black Negro wench. I asked her name. She said it was Mesmerism. You who have the priesthood should be careful to do the will of God.... (1)

-- Dec 13, 1852. Monday.
[William Clayton Journal] ...The three Sheffield brethren are determined to go to the Valley in the spring, but Brother Doolittle has not much faith in going. He told me that the Lord had shown him in a dream that he need not go to the Valley; he was better here &c. I told him it was a trick of the Devil to try to destroy him, and advised him by all means to go to the Valley as soon as possible. At 2 o'clock we retired to bed much fatigued. (2)

-- Dec 20, 1852
[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] ... I had a dream while on my way home. I thought the Ancients in their resurrected bodies were associating with us in this place. I have the most unbounded confidence not ownly in the quorum of the Twelve but also in the first Presidency. I hope the winter seasons may be profitable to us in our associations And that we may improve our time.... (1)

Footnotes:
1 - Wilford Woodruff's Journal: 1833-1898 Typescript, Volumes 1-9, Edited by Scott G. Kenney, Signature Books 1993
2 - George D. Smith, An Intimate Chronicle; The Journals of William Clayton, Signature Books in association with Smith Research Associates, Salt Lake City, 1995

Mormon Timeline: Dreams
http://lds-church-history.blogspot.com/