LDS Dreams History, Jun 19, 1841

LDS History Chronology: Dreams

-- Jun 19, 1841
James Murdock writes to the CONGREGATIONAL OBSERVER of his interview with William Smith, LDS Apostle and brother of Joseph Smith: "About the year 1823, there was a revival of religion in that region, and Joseph was one of several hopeful converts. The others were joining, some one church, and some another in that vicinity, but Joseph hesitated between the different denominations. While his mind was perplexed with this subject, he prayed for divine direction; and afterwards was awaked one night by an extraordinary vision. The glory of the Lord filled the chamber with a dazzling light, and a glorious angel appeared to him, conversed with him, and told him that he was a chosen vessel unto the Lord to make known true religion." (1)

-- Sep 18, 1841
[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] 18th We got into Lockport in the morning. I dreamed of seeing many snakes last night. Enemies are at hand from some quarter. ... (2)

-- Dec 1, 1841
[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] Dec 1st A plesent day. I spent a part of the day in writing. I wrote a letter to L. R. Foster 13 Oliver st NY & requested him to Send me some money.
After retiring to rest at night I was Called upon by Brother Meeks to go with him to lay hands upon his wife who was possessed with a devil. I went with him to his house & found his wife foaming in great agony. I lade hands upon her & rebuked the devil & he came out of her & she soon fell asleep & I returned home & If I had judged from outward appearances I should have thought the devil followed me home & entered into our Cat for she made the most awful noise through the night I ever herd. I also had a disagreeable dream <[between?] Joseph and myself> which I considerd to be from the devil. I met in council with the Twelve in evening. (2)

-- Jan 11, 1842
[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] 11th I walked across the Missisippi river on the Ice to Father Clarks & spent the night. 12 mile. I dreamed Br Azmon was in prison with his head off. (2)

-- Jan 21, 1842
Nauvoo, Illinois. Joseph Smith's history records: I read the Book of Mormon, transacted a variety of business in the store and city, and spent the evening in the office with Elders John Taylor and Willard Richards interpreting dreams. (3)

Footnotes:
1 - On This Day in Mormon History, http://onthisdayinmormonhistory.blogspot.com
2 - Wilford Woodruff's Journal: 1833-1898 Typescript, Volumes 1-9, Edited by Scott G. Kenney, Signature Books 1993
3 - BYU Studies Journal, volume 46, no. 4: A Chronology of the Life of Joseph Smith

Mormon Timeline: Dreams
http://lds-church-history.blogspot.com/