George Albert Smith, Saturday, July 30, 1910

-- Saturday, July 30, 1910
[Second Counselor John Henry Smith [father] Diary] Salt Lake City

I went to Saltair and had a nice lunch with My sons Don C. and Joseph H. and their wives and My Bessie and Don children and some other friends.

I spent the night with my son George Albert.

We had an elegant bath in the Lake. (1)


-- Aug 1, 1910
[Apostle George Albert Smith Journal] "My stomach is much better, and I believe my nerves are stronger." (2)


-- Saturday, Aug. 20, 1910
[Second Counselor John Henry Smith [father] Diary] Salt Lake City

In the evening I went out to Saltair and took Bessie and Arzella my daughters and two other girls. I made up my mind to stop over night with my son George Albert. (1)


-- Sept. 12, 1910
[Apostle George Albert Smith Journal] at SLC, "Went to the Gray Sanitarium to take a course of treatment for my nerves." (2)


-- Monday, Sept. 19, 1910
[Second Counselor John Henry Smith [father] Diary] Richfield and Salt Lake City

My son Glenn is 17 years old to day. My wife Josephine entertained about 35 of my decendents tonight at her home. We had a pleasant time to gether. George Albert and our daughter Priscilla S. Langton were absent. ... (1)


-- Oct 9-10, 1910 or 1913
[Apostle George Albert Smith Journal] "Apologize at 1/4 ly meeting our room."

"J W T [John W. Taylor] says the Church will have two factions." (2)


-- Oct 24, 1910
[Apostle George Albert Smith Journal] at Grays, "had a bad night am very nervous." (2)


-- Monday, Oct. 24, 1910
[Second Counselor John Henry Smith [father] Diary] Salt Lake City

The day was spent in the office. Politics is getting exceedingly hot all over the land.

The Prohibition one is burning fiercely here. My son George is gaining a little. (1)


-- Sunday, Oct. 30, 1910
[Second Counselor John Henry Smith [father] Diary] Salt Lake City

I had a short visit with my son George Albert this morning. He is feeling very nicely so he says. (1)


-- Thursday, Oct. 97, 1910
[Second Counselor John Henry Smith [father] Diary] Salt Lake City

Chas. Burton took Prests Jos. F. Smith, F. M. Lyman and Myself to see George Albert and they administered to him. (1)

Footnotes:
1 - White, Jean Bickmore, Church, State, and Politics: The Diaries of John Henry Smith, Signature Books in association with Smith Research Associates, Salt Lake City, 1990, http://bit.ly/johnhenrysmith
2 - Journals of George Albert Smith

LDS History Chronology: George Albert Smith

Mormon History Timeline: The life of George Albert Smith
http://lds-church-history.blogspot.com/