George Albert Smith, Thursday, Apr 4, 1901

-- Thursday, Apr 4, 1901
[Apostle John Henry Smith [father] Diary] Salt Lake City

I had my wife Josephine sealed to me 24 years ago today. My son George A. was born 31 years ago today.... (1)

-- Wednesday, Aug. 21, 1901
[Apostle John Henry Smith [father] Diary] ... I blest my sons George A. and Nicholas G. who are going on a pleasure trip of three or four weeks going Chicago, Washington, D.C., Philadelphia, Pa., New York City, Albany and Buffalo, N.Y., Omaha, Na. and other points of interest. (1)

-- Monday, Nov. 18, 1901
[Apostle John Henry Smith [father] Diary] Salt Lake City

My son George A. had an opperation on his forehead today by Dr. Joseph S. Richards. (1)

-- Sunday, March 16, 1902
[Apostle John Henry Smith [father] Diary] Baltimore, Maryland

It rained most of the day. I attended the Presbyterian Church in the morning and heard a nice sermon on Charity. I wrote to my children. I attended the services in the Catholic Cathedral. Father O'Gavin gave a fine sermon on the reason why the Catholics adored the Images of dead Saints. (1)

-- Tuesday, April 22, 1902
[Apostle John Henry Smith [father] Diary] Salt Lake City

My son George A. had a surgical operation performed on him at the Holy Cross Hospital today by Dr. J. S. Richards. An anneurism was removed from his head. (1)

-- Wednesday, April 23, 1902
[Apostle John Henry Smith [father] Diary] Salt Lake City

George A. is doing nicely. My son Joseph H. is in trouble at his school. He has stoped going.... (1)

-- Thursday, July 3, 1902
[Apostle John Henry Smith [father] Diary] ... At 9:45 a.m. son Nicholas G. and William T. Nuttall [left] for their missions. L. J. Nuttall, my sons Joseph and George A. and I went to Ogden with them. At 2:10 p.m. they left Ogden for the East in a Pullman Palace Car. (1)

-- 1902 September
[Apostle John Henry Smith [father]] Visits Nauvoo, Illinois, and other early church sites. (2)

-- Saturday, Sept. 6, 1902
[Apostle John Henry Smith [father] Diary] Nauvoo

I saw the homes of Brigham and Jos. Young, John Taylor, Heber C. Kimball, Wilford Woodruff, Parley P. Pratt, Edward Hunter, Lorin Farr. The old Farm of Daniel H. Wells, the Masonic and Seventies Halls, The Temple block and many other places.

My Father's home was at the Corner of Parley and Durfey streets and was Lot 4 Block 123. Part of the old wall is in the present Rock house built by a Mr. Gates. My grand Father John Smith Patriarch lived here with his son George A. Smith.

It is said that a man by the name of Hauck killed Joseph the Prophet. It is also said he fled the country and has never been heard from.

Joseph and Hyrum Smith are presumed to be buried by the grove of Emma Hale Smith just north and about three rods south west of the old Smith Home just over looking the River to the south.

Emma Hale Smith objected to Polygamy in her first husband but she lived with Major Bidamon while he raised a family outside of Wedlock.

Some of the old furniture owned by the Prophet is still in the house known as the New Mansion. I wrote a few lines on an old table said to have been one used by the Prophet. I have felt I have been standing on holy ground today.

Mr. Chas. E. Bidamon showed us a medal said to have been carved by Joseph Smith with this inscription on It Confirms O Dius [Deus] Potentessemus [Joseph Smith's Jupiter Talisman]. (1)

Footnotes:
1 - White, Jean Bickmore, Church, State, and Politics: The Diaries of John Henry Smith, Signature Books in association with Smith Research Associates, Salt Lake City, 1990, http://bit.ly/johnhenrysmith
2 - White, Jean Bickmore, Church, State, and Politics, p.xviii, A John Henry Smith Chronology, http://bit.ly/johnhenrysmith

LDS History Chronology: George Albert Smith

Mormon History Timeline: The life of George Albert Smith
http://lds-church-history.blogspot.com/