Dreams in LDS History, May 24, 1847

LDS History Chronology: Dreams

-- May 24, 1847
[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] 24th It was A Cold morning. Yesterday morning the Thermometer stood at 52°, At noon 82, & this morning 38 accompanied with north wind. We travled 10 miles & nooned.

I dreamed this morning that some Indians came into camp in a friendly manner & stole 6 Horses before our eyes & rode off. We gave them chase on horsback & I awoke.

As soon as we camped this noon two Indians came to the Camp. They were Sioux. They were well dressed & clean. We gave them some dinner & showed them An Indian dog that had followed us several days but the dog would not follow them. ... (1)

-- Aug 15, 1847
[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] 15th + /||| Sunday The Camp of Israel met as usual at 10 oclok & was addressed by President Young in an interesting manner upon an interesting subject much to our edifycation. The following are some of the remarks made by President Young:

I am going to day to speak upon the subject of the Patriarchal Priesthood & by request of Br Crow say sumthing upon the death of his Child that was drowned the other day. I hope to speak so as to be understood. There is a reality in eternal things as much as in the things of time which we daily see with our eyes. When A man has A dream or vision of eternal things it is an evidence of its truth as much as though He saw it with his own eyes in one sens of the word. The Lord has hid from man the things that He knew before He came in the flesh that He might walk by faith & prove himself while here. The Lord converses with men on the earth in the form of A servent & by visions & dreams &c but He never appears [to] man in the flesh in the fulness of his glory, for He is as a consuming fire & a mortal body would perish in an instant.... (1)

-- Mar 5, 1848
[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] 5th Sunday I got my team home. Br Allexander and Br Petty spent part of the day & night with me.

I had one of the most interesting dreams of my life during the night. Most of it was taken from me when I awoke. I flew through the air from state to state & escaped from the hand of my enemies. I went to HEAVEN and saw the Saints in their employment. I saw Joseph & Hiram Smith & many others who had died of the Latter Day Saints. The innumerable company of Saints which I saw seemed to be prepairing for some grand & important event which I could not understand. Many were busily ingaged in making Crowns for the Saints. One crown did not suit the artist so they cut it in to in the middle to make it over new. The saints were all dressed in white robes both male and female. My soul was filled with Joy & glory while I gazed upon the seenery that surrounded me but I awoke and behold it was a dream. (1)

-- Oct 19, 1848
[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] 19th I spent the day at Mr Merrills writing. The storm of last night continued untill to day noon when the sun came out. I had A plesant time last night in A dream with Brs Brigham Young & H. C. Kimball And the Saints in the Salt lake Valley. We expressed our feelings to gether concerning the signs of the times & the Judgments of God which await this nation.

I had a good meeting with the Saints at Mr Mer-rills. I spoke to them one hour & read the epistle of the Twelve to them &c. (1)

Footnotes:
1 - Wilford Woodruff's Journal: 1833-1898 Typescript, Volumes 1-9, Edited by Scott G. Kenney, Signature Books 1993

Mormon Timeline: Dreams
http://lds-church-history.blogspot.com/