LDS Dreams History, Jul 25, 1838

LDS History Chronology: Dreams

-- Jul 25, 1838
[Wilford Woodruff Journal] 25 I laboured for Sister Foss & spent the night at father Carters. I dreamed many enemies were seeking my life & while they were striving to destroy me Samuel Deming presented me with the following words & wished me to tell what they meant viz "Go unto Babylon. Arise go quickly for thou shalt go unto the dead." (1)

-- Jul 26, 1838
[Wilford Woodruff Journal] 26 I made hay for Sister Foss & spent the night at father Carters. I dreamed my enemies while reproaching me presented before me a large stamp bearing this inscription: HELP THE CHURCH BUILD THE HOUSE. (1)

-- Nov 20, 1838
[Wilford Woodruff Journal] ...We had a Comfortable room at the Inn by ourselves for the night & while sitting by the fireside Sister Lydia Luce a faithful Saint & full of faith related a dream that she had on the night of the 19th. The dream was of consequence & full of meaning. It was as follows:
She saw the moon in the North of a silver Colour. She saw a small sun in the south & while looking at the strange appearance of the heavens there appeared a ring of Blood in the west & there soon appeared several other rings of Blood of a larger size all encircling each other being a ring in a ring & there soon appeared a ladder of fire in the heavens & it fell to the earth & broke in two pieces. One part of the ladder had an Iron plate fassened to the end of it with sumthing fassened to it & I Willford Woodruff went & picked it up & read it & behold it contained the XV Chapter of Isaiah. Read the chapter for yourselves & learn wisdom. (1)

-- Apr 21, 1839
[Lucy Mack Smith] Lucy receives spiritual assurance that Joseph and Hyrum will reach Quincy the next day and prophesies as much to Edward Partridge. That night she sees them in a vision, sleeping on the prairie without blankets or food. (2)

-- Nov 8, 1839
[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] 8 I held a meeting in Hempsted at the Inn of Mr John Ackley & returned to Mr Whaley. 6 m.
I saw Mrs Woodruff in deep affliction in a dream at Montrose. I did not see Sarah Emma. (1)

Footnotes:
1 - Wilford Woodruff's Journal: 1833-1898 Typescript, Volumes 1-9, Edited by Scott G. Kenney, Signature Books 1993
2 - Anderson, Lavina Fielding, Editor, Lucy's Book: A Critical Edition of Lucy Mack Smith's Family Memoir, 2001, Signature Books

Mormon Timeline: Dreams
http://lds-church-history.blogspot.com/