LDS Dreams History, Dec 29, 1840

LDS History Chronology: Dreams

-- Dec 29, 1840
[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] ...& I dreamed of being in the midst of Serpents, & a Tiger came & guarded me in the midst of my Enemies. I next went through Samuel Demming's Barns to find Brother Azmon Woodruff. I thought I saw him there. I dreamed of Seeing Brother Azmon & Thompson much of late. I think I Shall Soon hear from them. (1)

-- Dec 30, 1840
[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] ...I again dreamed of being among serpents. One bit me. We are begining to Stir the Devil up some in London. We shall soon find enemies & opposition & may the Lord Hasten it for it will bring us friends. (1)

-- 1841: 2 January
[Patriarchal Blessings] Phoebe Merril. (Given by Hyrum Smith.)
"Beloved Sister I lay may hands on your head in the name of Jesus of Nazareth to bestow upon you a Blessing which shall be Patriarchal and which shall be a consolation to you . . . gospel I will seal upon your head the holy seal of promise even the comforter which is the promise of Eternal life for a witness of the truth of the same joy shall spring up in your heart when you shall read the sacred words doubt nor fear not for these things shall never fail the blessings and the instructions that are given through dreams and Visions shall be your portion and when they administer consolation then you shall know they are from God ... (2)

-- Jan 6, 1841
[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] ...There was ownly Six of us all & 5 were preachers. One by the name of Canon was full of wickedness hypocracy & he rejected our testimony & opposed the work. In fact we cannot go to teach in the City of London but what the Devil comes also to oppose us. This accounts for my dreams about serpents.
I returned home fell asleep & again dreamed of vast Serpents both dead & alive. Some were of Antique turned into stone, & many were alive about 20 feet long & Pitched at me like Draggons & I fled from them & arose into the air & sailed a great distance with the greatest ease & delight singing Victory. I also saw large fruit. Tasted of it & it was good, & a man tried to set his dog on me, but he soon repented of his conduct. On the night of the forth I dreamed of Seeing my wife & child. I had a happy interview with them. I trust I shall soon hear from them at least. 8 miles. (1)

-- Jan 7, 1841
[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] ...DREAM I fell asleep. Soon found myself in the wilderness of wild pair trees which were bending with wild pairs which were the most beautiful of all fruit I ever saw. I tasted of it & found it delicious, & while I was gazing with wonder & admiration upon it evry pare instantly turned into a nice fat dressed sheep hung on the limbs head downwards. I awoke & the spirit said this is a token of fruit among the Lamanites. (1)

Footnotes:
1 - Wilford Woodruff's Journal: 1833-1898 Typescript, Volumes 1-9, Edited by Scott G. Kenney, Signature Books 1993
2 - Selected LDS Patriarchal Blessings, New Mormon Studies CD ROM, Signature Book, 2009

Mormon Timeline: Dreams
http://lds-church-history.blogspot.com/