The history of Z.C.M.I, Nov 17, 1890

-- Nov 17, 1890
[President Wilford Woodruff Journal] Nov 17, 1890 I went to the Gardo & signed 22 Recommends. I received 18 Letters. I met with Z.C.M.I. Board. I had a Letter from R H McDonald Presidet of the Pacific Bank. He sent me his Photograph & Card. I had an interview with Mr Mitchel & Paid a Bill. (1)

-- Dec 16, 1890
[President Wilford Woodruff Journal] Dec 16, 1890 I signed 10 Recommends. I received 7 Letters. I met with the Board of Directers of Z.C.M.I on the 15 & Decided to Pay the Execetive Committee $500 dollars a year Besides the $200 making $700 each. I was Notified to Connect the valley House with the sewerage which I aranged for. (1)

-- Dec 19, 1890
[Apostle Heber J. Grant Diary] As I was starting away from the meeting of the Directors of ZCMI Pres[iden]t Woodruff called me aside and said "God bless you Bro[ther] Grant You shall be successful" and I shall hold onto his promise [has received discouragement in Chicago, heading for New York]. (2)

-- Dec 27, 1890
[President Wilford Woodruff Journal] 27 I signed Notes on the 26 Dec for Z.C.M.I. to the Amount of $113,000 in the Eastern Country. Distance of the day yesterday 60 m.

I spent the day at the farm on my Journals. Was visited By Clara in the Evening I signed 10 Recommends & 10 Letters. (1)

-- Jan 15, 1891
[President Wilford Woodruff Journal] 15 A light snow last night. I signed 11 Recommends. I received 7 Letters. I wrote 6 Letters to David Sylvia Susan, Bleak, Thompson, & Atkin. I met with the Savings Bank board & with ZCMI Board. Br Grant made his report of his visit East And the Money He borrowed. I got a letter about my Son David accidet. He was Kicked by a Colt & broke his right thigh near the Hip Joint which is a Dangerous break. (1)

Footnotes:
1 - Wilford Woodruff's Journal: 1833-1898 Typescript, Volumes 1-9, Edited by Scott G. Kenney, Signature Books 1993
2 - Diary Excerpts of Heber J. Grant,
LDS History Chronology: Z.C.M.I

Mormon Timeline: Z.C.M.I
http://lds-church-history.blogspot.com/