History of the Word of Wisdom, Jun 9, 1845

-- Jun 9, 1845
[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] 9th I went to Br James Albon's & took Dinner & remained with him untill 4 oclok. He told me a long yarn about all the troubles he had been through since he had been in the Church his being Cut off &c.

I took tea with Br Benjamin Morgan's Children three Daughters & one Son. His Son Benjamin Died about three months since. Those I spent the evening with were all in the Church & made many inquiries concerning their father who had lived with me in Nauvoo. I returned home & spent the night. 4. (1)

-- Jun 11, 1845
[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] 11th In company with Elder Davis & Br Crump I visited the British Museum. I found many alterations had taken place since I was there in 1840. I took Dinner & tea with Brother Henry Crump No 1 Flecher row vineyard Walk Clarkenwell. He is a Jeweller & will make me a finger ring according to order. I returned home & spent the night. 6 m. (1)

-- Jun 12, 1845
[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] ...I returned to Brother Booths & took tea.... (1)

-- Jun 13, 1845
[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] 13th I wrote a letter to Mrs Woodruff. We had a visit from Mrs Sangiovanna & her little boy a little time in the morning's walk. Brother Francis Belany measurd my feet for a pair of Boots. It was a hot day. We dined with Br John Teter Sheib No 9 Frederick st. Regents Park. Took tea with Brother Manister No 60 Totenham Court road. (1)

-- Jun 14, 1845
[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] After Dinner we walked through each appartment of the Whithead Brewery. It was a large esstablish-ment. I saw the Process of making Porter & ale through all its operations. They manufactur 1,000 barrels of Porter each day of the year & 100 Barrels of Ale. They have 35 set vats in the shape of hogshead that will hold one thousand barrels each making 35,000 barrels. They have suller room for 35,000 barrels more so they can store away 75,000 barrels of Porter or ale. They have two steam engines carrying on the esstablishment of 25 hors power each. After visiting each portion of this esstablishment I returned to Br Joiners & spent the night. Distance of the day 5 mile. (1)

Footnotes:
1 - Wilford Woodruff's Journal: 1833-1898 Typescript, Volumes 1-9, Edited by Scott G. Kenney, Signature Books 1993, http://amzn.to/newmormonstudies

LDS History Chronology: the Word of Wisdom

Mormon Timeline: the Word of Wisdom
http://lds-church-history.blogspot.com/