-- During 1843
(Elijah Abel) Abel's desire to engage in missionary work in Cincinnati, Ohio, presented special difficulties for a traveling high council comprised of Apostles John E. Page, Orson Pratt, Heber C. Kimball, and Lorenzo Snow. Despite their respect for "a coloured Bro.," the brethren felt "wisdom forbids that we should introduce [him] before the public … [but] Bro Abels [sic] was advised to visit the coloured population." (1)
-- Jan 17, 1844
[Nauvoo Neighbor] - Poetry: "The Ode of Genius to Truth" -- E.R. Snow -- Written in the Morley Settlement, Nov 28, 1843.
- Note: "Queen Victoria" -- Editorial -- Elder Lorenzo Snow (through Sir Henry Wheatley) gave Queen Victoria two copies of the Book of Mormon, donated by Brigham Young.
- Poetry: "Queen Victoria" -- Lorenzo Snow -- Poem he wrote after giving Queen Victoria 2 copies of the Book of Mormon
- Story: "An Appeal to the People of the State of Maine" -- Benjamin Andrews -- Andrews, a native of Maine, writes to describe the persecution of the Church, as well as providing a history and testimony of the Church.
- Story: "Ancient Ruins" -- Editorial -- Describes ancient North Texan ruins as evidence of the authenticity of the Book of Mormon
- Announcement: Deaths -- Editorial -- Sarah Richmond (38, Chill Fever), Oscar C. Rolph (1, Croup), Mary Zenmour (1, Teething), Theresa M. Bell (8 months, Inflammation on the Brain), Henry Boyd (Infant), Israel Hess (22, Quick Consumption) (2)
-- Feb 14, 1844
[Nauvoo Neighbor] - Poetry: "Farewell to Nauvoo" -- Signed "L. S." -- A farewell letter to Nauvoo
- Story: "Who Shall be our Next President" -- Editorial -- Describing the right person for President, speaking poorly of Martin Van Buren, and endorsing Joseph Smith
- Note: "Public Meeting" -- Editorial -- Judge Phelps read an address written by Joseph Smith.
- Ordinances: "An Ordinance to Repeal Certain Ordinances therein mentioned" -- Joseph Smith -- Repeal of Ordinances, "An Ordinance for the Extra Case of Joseph Smith and Others," and "An ordinance to Prevent Unlawful Search and Seizure of Person and Property."
- Ordinances: "An Ordinance to Repeal an Ordinance Regulating the Currency" -- Joseph Smith -- Repeals the "Ordinance Regulating the Currency."
- Announcement: Deaths -- W.D. Huntington (Sexton) -- Belsey Turner (33, Fever), Isabella Burns (5, Canker), Lucy Waid (28), Sariah M. Waid (3)
- Announcement: Deserting Son -- Elijah Fordham -- Announces the abscondment of George Fisher Fordham, and prohibits Saints from aiding him, or allowing him credit in his father's name. (2)
1 - Van Wagoner, Richard and Walker, Steven C., A Book of Mormons, http://amzn.to/newmormonstudies
2 - http://boap.org/LDS/Nauvoo-Neighbor
LDS History Chronology: Lorenzo Snow
Mormon History Timeline: the life of Lorenzo Snow