Dreams in LDS History, 1878

LDS History Chronology: Dreams

-- During 1878
(Martha Hughes Cannon) As a child, Martha dreamed of being a doctor. When she was fifteen, Church leaders called her to set type for the Deseret News and the Woman's Exponent. She attended the University of Deseret and saved her typesetting wages to go to medical school.

1878. Set apart for medical training by President John Taylor, she entered the University of Michigan Medical School, where she received an M.D. on her birthday in 1880. Two years later she graduated from the University of Pennsylvania and the National School of Elocution and Oratory with bachelor of science degrees. She was the only woman in her graduating class. (1)

-- Feb 12, 1879
[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] ... I thought in the Evening it might be wisdom for me to go to Salt Lake and I dreamed I was there and Bishop Hunter and others thought I was imprudent to expose myself as I did. I thought there were strange Men after me. (2)

-- Feb 17, 1879
[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] ...I dreamed in the night there was a large fire in Salt Lake City. I thought Z.C.M.I. Coop was on fire. (2)

-- Jun 20, 1879
[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] ...I had a Dream in the night. We were going on a Journey some whare and President Brigham Young & Heber C Kimball was with us. I thought they were Dressed in the richest Apparrel I had Ever seen but I do not remember whare we were going. (2)

-- Jun 26, 1879
[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] ...I dreamed that President Young was with me while I was setting out a grape vineyard. (2)

Footnotes:
1 - Van Wagoner, Richard and Walker, Steven C., A Book of Mormons
2 - Wilford Woodruff's Journal: 1833-1898 Typescript, Volumes 1-9, Edited by Scott G. Kenney, Signature Books 1993

Mormon Timeline: Dreams
http://lds-church-history.blogspot.com/