Dreams in LDS History, Mar 30, 1859

LDS History Chronology: Dreams

-- Mar 30, 1859
[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] ...I had two dreams last night. I dreamed of having a terrible + battle with a rattle snake. He tried to bite me all over but did not seem to hurt me. After I awoke I again fell * asleep and dreamed that I had an orchard of several acres of Apple trees and I thought the ground was Covered with vary large red ripe Apples. I thought there were hundreds of Bushels so ripe that they must be used up in order to save them. I was making preperations to make them into Cider when I awoke.... (1)

-- Apr 4, 1859
[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] ...Elder Lorenzo Snow Called at my house And in company with him and Mrs P. W. Woodruff and my daughter Phebe Amelia I went to President Brigham Youngs and he sealed Phebe Amelia Woodruff to Elder Lorenzo Snow. He took supper with his family at my house. Sister Smoot was also present. I think a dream which I had a short time since was fulfilled. <A dark cloud was on the [trial?].> (1)

-- Apr 21, 1859
[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] ...I dreamed last night I saw a large Lion got loose among a large flock of sheep. He was within a few feet of me. I got out of his way. I did not see that he done any damage or hurt any thing.... (1)

-- Jul 12, 1859
[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] 12 President Young Called into C[o...?] Commission [-]. E. T. Benson was present. He has been to provo & held a meeting. Saw Brother Carns & told him that he herd that He was Brain Cracked & low spirited. He said that it was true and any man that Could be shut up in a dirty sell as long as I was with some 25 drunken Irish who were Cursing, swearing, fighting, spewing, & shitting & trampling over me without being Brain Cracked & down spirited then He has a stronger spirit than I have. I vomited many times nearly all there was in me.

...President Young dreamed a few nights since that He saw those Judges drunk & they behaved as /bad as/ they Could. Evry thing they done was dirty and filthy.

The Probate court has been in session about four weeks and Adjourned to day Senedi. I spent the day in the office. (1)

-- Jan 16, 1860
[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] 16 A Shower of Frost. All trees Covered with Frost. I spent the day in the office. I had a small party at My house through the evening. Capt Walter Murray Gibson and his Daughter Solulah Lucy Gibson were both present. They both were Baptized by H. C. Kimball Jan 16th 1860 at 7.30 PM. and Confirmed members of the C. J. C. L. D. Saints under the Hands of the Presidency of the Church President Young being mouth. There was also at My House A. O. Smoot & wife, Thomas B. H. Stenhouse & wife Lorenzo Snow & wife & Brother Houtz & wife.

Capt Gibson Had been a great traveller through the Indies Archipeligo & Mexico. He entertained us through the Evening in giving sketches of his travels ...He was Arested by the Dutch his ship siezed, and He was imprisioned for about one year & a half sentenced to death his ship sold all without any Just Cause or provicatlon. He escaped from Prision through the help of some Malays.

While in Prision He had a Dream which showed him his Escape, his return to the United States, his visit to Utah & Dreamed that some saints returned with him to the Malays Islands, And He is now Here & has Embraced the Gospel.... (1)

Footnotes:
1 - Wilford Woodruff's Journal: 1833-1898 Typescript, Volumes 1-9, Edited by Scott G. Kenney, Signature Books 1993

Mormon Timeline: Dreams
http://lds-church-history.blogspot.com/