Dreams in LDS History, Nov 17, 1857

LDS History Chronology: Dreams

-- Nov 17, 1857
[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] 17th I spent the day in the Office on Presidets Youngs History. I dreamed at night that Dr J M. Bernhisel arived suddenly in our midst vary much excited. He said that all the Indians on the western borders were going to war with the whites & the government was going to try to make a treaty with all the Indians & mormons & settle the difficulties in an amicable way. (1)

-- Nov 18, 1857
[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] 18th I spent the day in the Office with G A. Smith & Presidet Young & H C Kimball reading their History. We read Brother Youngs History till 3 oclok & Brother Kimballs till 5 oclok I dreamed at night that our Enemies Came suddenly upon us quite unexpectedly. Women & Children were running before them. I was with a pair of Mules in the waggon & trying to get away with them as I awoke. (1)

-- Nov 19, 1857
[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] 19th As I arived at the office this morning I related my dream to G A Smith & J. C. Little when Brother G. A. Smith said He had the same dream himself & related it to his wife when he awoke. I spent the day in the Office on B. Young History.

G A Smith furnished us with a supper at the Globe. The Clerks of the Historians Office & Brothers Clawson Cain & Calder were also present. We discussed the welfare of the Nation till about midnight. (1)

-- Feb 1, 1858
[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] ...President Young told a dream which he had last saturday night. He said I saw two United States officers and I told them the History of this Church and our doctrins and I told them that the United States must not send any more armies here. If they did I should let loose the dogs of war upon them and I told them they must remove the army now upon our borders or we should destroy them. ... (1)

-- Mar 7, 1858
[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] ...I attend the prayer Circle. John Smith prayed. Erastus Snow was mouth. President Young said I saw this City last night in a dream placed upon high rocks thousands of feet high men women & Childrens with a River at the Bottom that was full of Barges and boats with our Enemies in them but they Could not get to us. (1)

Footnotes:
1 - Wilford Woodruff's Journal: 1833-1898 Typescript, Volumes 1-9, Edited by Scott G. Kenney, Signature Books 1993

Mormon Timeline: Dreams
http://lds-church-history.blogspot.com/