Dreams in LDS History, Nov 10, 1879

LDS History Chronology: Dreams

-- Nov 10, 1879
[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] ...I dreamed last night of seeing my Father. He was dressed in white robes. I was myself as were many others. I saw Thomas Bullock the [scribe?] and among other Persons I saw a Number of Gentiles who were our enemies in our midst and I thought they ought not to be with us. I have had a Number of Dreams Lately that seem to have some meaning to them.

I read the following in the Arizona Miner:

"Apostle Wilford Woodruff of the Latter Day Saints x x x recently unbosomed himself to the Mormon Church as follows:

"I will never dishonor my wives & children at the Demand of a Nation Steeped in Sin and ripe for the Damnation of Hell x x x. I read this paragraph and went on reading the life of Christ as composed and Tranquil and before I am in the hands of God & soul the United States Government." [Sic.]

I glory in the Epistle & Testimony which I have bourn to all Nation and all the world from which that extract was made and God will hold up my testimony and the testimony of all the righteous. Though the heaven and Earth Pass away The Testimony of inspiration will not Pass away but will all be fulfilled as the Lord liveth. (1)

-- Nov 13, 1879
[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] ...I went to bed and dreamed of meetingwith Presidet Young O Hyde and a number of others. I asked Presidet Young if he would not Speak to us. He said He had done his talking. O Hyde refered to my Epistle. Presidet Young spoke a few words to me. I spoke and bore testimony of the signs of the times & judgments of God upon Our Nation. I awoke while speaking. 12 M. (1)

-- Nov 16, 1879
[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] 16 Sunday I arose this morning meditating upon my dream last night. I was with the Quorum of the Twelve and Presidet Brigham Young was with us in Conversation with us. I spent most of the day reading History. (1)

-- Nov 20, 1879
[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] Nov 20, 1879 I spent the day helping to pack up for moving. I read a report to day. I dreamed at night of being at home which will be fulfilled. (1)

-- Dec 16, 1879
[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] ...I dreamed at night that President Taylor was sealing all in the Church Plural marriages to them that wished it. We met in the Council of the 12. I thought the glory of God rested upon us and we done all our work openly and the government had no power over us and we rejoiced together. (1)

Footnotes:
1 - Wilford Woodruff's Journal: 1833-1898 Typescript, Volumes 1-9, Edited by Scott G. Kenney, Signature Books 1993

Mormon Timeline: Dreams
http://lds-church-history.blogspot.com/