The history of Z.C.M.I, 1892

-- During 1892
[George Albert Smith] George Albert attended Brigham Young Academy and the University of Deseret, was a sergeant in the Utah National Guard, worked for ZCMI as a salesman, and was a surveyor for the Denver and Rio Grande Western Railroad. While working in the latter capacity, he suffered a permanent injury to his eyesight. He married Lucy Emily Woodruff in 1892; she bore him three children. (1)

-- Feb 15, 1893
[President Wilford Woodruff Journal] 15 I wrote to Prest G Q. Cannon. Gave him an account of my telegram. Cannot get our personal property. Appeal Dismissed. Soliciter General willingbut Atorney General opposed. He is our Enemy. A sugar Meeting Held at the office. We Also met with ZCMI Board. (2)

-- Wednesday, Feb 15, 1893
[Apostle John Henry Smith Diary] Salt Lake City

I spent the forenoon reading one of Mark Twain's books.

The Directors of Z.C.M.I. met and went through the reports and heard from the Executive Committee who had visited the various branches.

The Institution seems to be flourishing. (3)

-- Thursday, May 4, 1893
[Apostle John Henry Smith Diary] Salt Lake City

I drew $224.00 from the State Bank on Z.C.M.I. check to go East on.

Prest. W. Woodruff is very sick. (3)

-- Tuesday, Jun 13, 1893
[Apostle John Henry Smith Diary] Salt Lake City

I attended the board meeting of Z.C.M.I., the Coop. W. & M. Co. and the Home Fire Insurance Co. I tried to borrow one thousand dollars to day but failed. (3)

Footnotes:
1 - Utah History Encyclopedia: George Albert Smith, http://www.media.utah.edu/UHE/s/SMITH%2CGEORGE.html
2 - Wilford Woodruff's Journal: 1833-1898 Typescript, Volumes 1-9, Edited by Scott G. Kenney, Signature Books 1993
3 - Jean Bickmore White (editor), Church, State, and Politics: The Diaries of John Henry Smith, Signature Books in association with Smith Research Associates, Salt Lake City, 1990

LDS History Chronology: Z.C.M.I

Mormon Timeline: Z.C.M.I
http://lds-church-history.blogspot.com/