The history of Z.C.M.I, Oct 21, 1897

-- Oct 21, 1897
[President Wilford Woodruff Journal] Thur. Oct 21 At the office. Rec letter from M. Busy at my desk & had letter mailed. I attended my Temple meeting this morning and afterwards a Directors meeting of ZCMI, & drove home. (1)

-- Oct 28, 1897
[President Wilford Woodruff Journal] Thur Oct 28th Bro Nuttall called for me with buggy this morning, & we drove to the R. G. W depot & left on the 8.30 am train. I am feeling fairly well. Was met at the depot by Bro McHenry & drove to the office. I attended a meeting of the executive committee of ZCMI this morning, also my Temple meeting this afternoon and a personal interview with Pres Cannon & Smith & Bro Jesse Knight of Provo. Went home at 4 pm. (1)

-- Thursday, Nov 11, 1897
[Apostle John Henry Smith Diary] Salt Lake City

Wells Fargo & Co. were paid $7,000.00 for me by the Deseret Savings Bank and 84 shares of Z.C.M.I. taken as security. (2)

-- Thursday, Nov 18, 1897
[Apostle John Henry Smith Diary] Salt Lake City

All of the Presidency, Lorenzo Snow, Franklin D. Richards, Brigham Young, Geo. Teasdale, Heber J. Grant, A. H. Lund, Abraham O. Woodruff, and I met in Council at the Temple.

I met with the Directors of Z.C.M.I. and the Coop. W. & M. Co. I also met with third Precinct electors and W. J. Newman and Oscar W. Moyle was nominated for Trustee of the City schools. (2)

-- Thursday, Jan 20, 1898
[Apostle John Henry Smith Diary] Salt Lake City

Josephine had a bad night.

The Directors of Z.C.M.I. met and heard monthly reports. Geo. Romney and I went through the stock of the Coop. W. & M. Co. in the City yard and found it in good shape. Our yearly report shows the net earnings of the company to be $54,400.00 for the year 1897. (2)

Footnotes:
1 - Wilford Woodruff's Journal: 1833-1898 Typescript, Volumes 1-9, Edited by Scott G. Kenney, Signature Books 1993
2 - Jean Bickmore White (editor), Church, State, and Politics: The Diaries of John Henry Smith, Signature Books in association with Smith Research Associates, Salt Lake City, 1990

LDS History Chronology: Z.C.M.I

Mormon Timeline: Z.C.M.I
http://lds-church-history.blogspot.com/