The history of Z.C.M.I, Monday, Feb 1, 1897

-- Monday, Feb 1, 1897
[Apostle John Henry Smith Diary] Salt Lake City

The employees of Z.C.M.I. had a grand ball at the Theatre. I took my wife Josephine and my daughter Sarah. We had a most agreeable time. (1)

-- Friday, Feb 5, 1897
[Apostle John Henry Smith Diary] Idaho Falls

Manager Gilbert Wright met us and we spent the entire day examining our books, notes goods and accounts.

Every thing was in good shape.

Bp. Geo. Romney and I took a look through Z.C.M.I. and found our stock in a bad fix. (1)

-- Feb 15, 1897
[President Wilford Woodruff Journal] 15 I Met with ZCMI. Georg C Noble Called. (2)

-- Mar 15, 1897
[President Wilford Woodruff Journal] 15 I spent the day in the office. Attended Z.C.M.I Board. G Q. Cannon was Appointed vice President of ZCMI. (2)

-- Apr 5, 1897
[Apostle Heber J. Grant Diary] [ZCMI stockholders meeting] the only change in the officers and directors being the substitution of George Q. Cannon for Moses Thatcher as Vice Prest. and William McIntyre for Moses Thatcher as a director. (3)

Footnotes:
1 - Jean Bickmore White (editor), Church, State, and Politics: The Diaries of John Henry Smith, Signature Books in association with Smith Research Associates, Salt Lake City, 1990
2 - Wilford Woodruff's Journal: 1833-1898 Typescript, Volumes 1-9, Edited by Scott G. Kenney, Signature Books 1993
3 - Diary Excerpts of Heber J. Grant,

LDS History Chronology: Z.C.M.I

Mormon Timeline: Z.C.M.I
http://lds-church-history.blogspot.com/