The history of Z.C.M.I, Jun 7, 1897

-- Jun 7, 1897
[President Wilford Woodruff Journal] Monday June 7th Had a good night and arose at 7 a.m. After breakfast drove to the office. Attended a Stockholders meeting of Z. S. B. & Trust Co at the Bank at 11 am. Presided. Had statements read. Elected Directors for the ensuing year. The present directors were all reelected, viz: W. Woodruff, Geo. Q. Cannon, Joseph F. Smith, Lorenzo Snow, F. M Lyman H. J. Grant, James Jack, Angus M. Cannon, H. B. Clawson, Geo Reynolds, Thos. G. Webber, L. John Nuttall, & Geo. M. Cannon. Adjourned.

With Bro Nuttall I called at Z.C.M.I. and was weighed 178 1/2 lbs, showing a loss of 14 1/2 lbs since I was taken sick. S[ay..?] 1[0/7?] weeks. I attended a meeting of the Church Board of Education at 2 p.m. until 4 pm when I went home. My wife Delight & daughter called & spent the afternooon with us until after dinner & supper. On going to bed I slept very well. (1)

-- Jun 18, 1897
[President Wilford Woodruff Journal] June 18th Spent a good night. Feel better this morning. At the office I attended a meeting of the Directors of Z.C.M.I. and this afternoon a meeting of the Ogden Pioneer Power Company. Looked after the well borers & others working on my place. They seem to be doing their best. (1)

-- Jul 21, 1897
[President Wilford Woodruff Journal] July 21st I had a good night, and with my wife Emma & family went to ZCMI where seats had been prepared so we could view the parade of the day, which was really grand, after which I was weighed showing 161 lbs. I am very feeble and drove down home, where I rested. Madam Mountford called at the house this evening and gave me a sample of her massage treatment. Bro Salmon & Emma were present. Being so weak I felt very tired & did not rest very well during the night. (1)

-- Wednesday, Sep 29, 1897
[Apostle John Henry Smith Diary] Salt Lake City

I made settlement with the Deseret National Bank today, paying them 60 shares of Z.C.M.I. stock and 90 shares of Coop. W. & M. Co. stock for a debt of seven thousand dollars. I paid the Coop. W. & M. Co. $47.80, J. C. Critter $90.00. I gave to Jos. F. Smith to aid in the Emmigration of Mary B. Smith Norman $10.00.

My son George Albert is very sick. (2)

-- Friday, Oct 15, 1897
[Apostle John Henry Smith Diary] Salt Lake City

I drew a dividend of $360.00 from Z.C.M.I. I paid interest to Wells Fargo Co. $315.00. I paid H. J. Grant $30.92. I paid Charles Johnson $5.00.

The Directors of the Grant Gold Mining Co. met and agreed to sign a note for $7,000.00. (2)

Footnotes:
1 - Wilford Woodruff's Journal: 1833-1898 Typescript, Volumes 1-9, Edited by Scott G. Kenney, Signature Books 1993
2 - Jean Bickmore White (editor), Church, State, and Politics: The Diaries of John Henry Smith, Signature Books in association with Smith Research Associates, Salt Lake City, 1990

LDS History Chronology: Z.C.M.I

Mormon Timeline: Z.C.M.I
http://lds-church-history.blogspot.com/