The history of Z.C.M.I, Friday, Jan 13, 1905

-- Friday, Jan 13, 1905
[Apostle John Henry Smith Diary] Salt Lake City

I was at the office part of the day. I paid Z.C.M.I. $30.00, Coop. Furniture Co. $20.00, the Salt Lake Tribune $8.50 and stoped that paper going to my home. (1)

-- Tuesday, Dec 24, 1907
[Apostle John Henry Smith Diary] Salt Lake City

I had dinner to day with 199 Employees of the shoe and overall departments of Z.C.M.I. It was a fine spread. A. H. Lund, Geo. Romney, John R. Barnes, F. Y. Webber and myself of the Directors being present and all spoke. (1)

-- Wednesday, Aug 19, 1908
[Apostle John Henry Smith Diary] Salt Lake City

I was at the Presidents office during the forenoon.

In the afternoon I attended the Directors meeting of Zions Coop. M. Institution, Salt Lake Theatre and the Utah Cement and Brick Co. All businesses are doing fair. (1)

-- Wednesday, May 26, 1909
[Apostle John Henry Smith Diary] Salt Lake City

I met with the Directors of Z.C.M.I.

At 10 p.m. I went to the San Pedro L.A. and Salt Lake Railwaydepot. (1)

-- Thursday, May 19, 1910
[Second Counselor John Henry Smith Diary] Salt Lake City

The Presidency looked through the second story of the Vermont house with Dr. James E. Talmadge. It is being prepared to receive the Deseret Museum.

At 10 a.m. all of the Presidency and Orson F. Whitney and David O. McKay of the Twelve and Secretary Geo. F. Gibbs met. I offered prayer. Minutes and Correspondence were read and passed upon.

All of the Twelve but the two are out in the field.

I met with the Directors of Z.C.M.I. at 3 p.m. The ballance of the [day] was spent in the office signing letters. Prest. A. H. Lund and I had a short Auto ride with John C. Cutler. I met with Dr. Maggie Roberts class in obstetricks at the Relief Society Hall and among several others spoke to some 35 of them and quite a body of other people. Good singing, good talking, and good praying. My wife Sarah has gone to Ogden to be with her Brother Ezra who has had a son killed. (1)

Footnotes:
1 - Jean Bickmore White (editor), Church, State, and Politics: The Diaries of John Henry Smith, Signature Books in association with Smith Research Associates, Salt Lake City, 1990

LDS History Chronology: Z.C.M.I

Mormon Timeline: Z.C.M.I
http://lds-church-history.blogspot.com/