The history of Z.C.M.I, Monday, Jan 15, 1894

-- Monday, Jan 15, 1894
[Apostle John Henry Smith Diary] Salt Lake City

I paid Josephine's Taxes today. The Directors of Z.C.M.I. met today. They passed their quarterly dividend. (1)

-- Feb 15, 1894
[President Wilford Woodruff Journal] 15 G. Q Cannon & H. B. Clawson arived this morning. Both Came to the office and the Presidency were together again. We met with the board of Z.C.M.I Then with Bishop Preston. Bishop Burton of the farmers ward is vary low. I am afraid we will loose him. (2)

-- Mar 15, 1894
[President Wilford Woodruff Journal] 15 I wrote to Owen. I & Emma sent Letter. I received a Letter from Brother Naegle. The board of sugar factory Met at the office.

The ZCMI Board met and recepts for Feb were $162,845.33. Disbursmet were $149,070.92. Recepts for 1843 [1893] were $2,497,916.48 cts.

We also got word that Spencer Clawsons wife Nabbie Young Clawson died to day at 1.10 oclock Aged [ ]. (2)

-- Apr 24, 1894
[Francis M. Lyman] Pres[ident] Woodruff and Pres[ident] Jos[eph] F. Smith called me in to consult with them upon questions B[isho]p W[illia]m B. Preston presented. We all decided that ZCMI should give $50 to help transport the members of the Industrial Army from Utah. [May 6, 1894] [Heber] I stoke upon the necessity of producing all we consume as near as possible. (3)

-- Jul 16, 1894
[President Wilford Woodruff Journal] 16 I was quite Poorly but went to the office to attend a Meeting with ZCMI. I received a Letter from Owen to the Editor of the News & one to Father & Mother. I Mailed a Letter to Owen. (2)

Footnotes:
1 - Jean Bickmore White (editor), Church, State, and Politics: The Diaries of John Henry Smith, Signature Books in association with Smith Research Associates, Salt Lake City, 1990
2 - Wilford Woodruff's Journal: 1833-1898 Typescript, Volumes 1-9, Edited by Scott G. Kenney, Signature Books 1993
3 - Excerpts of Apostle Francis M. Lyman Diaries

LDS History Chronology: Z.C.M.I

Mormon Timeline: Z.C.M.I
http://lds-church-history.blogspot.com/