The history of Z.C.M.I, Friday, May 6, 1892

-- Friday, May 6, 1892
[Apostle John Henry Smith Diary] Salt Lake City

I borrowed today at the Deseret bank $7,000.00 and am to pay 8 percent per annum. The note is dated tomorrow. I put up 60 shares of Z.C.M.I. and 25 shares of Coop. W. & M. Co. stock. I exchanged at the Company office some old stock for the new. (1)

-- May 17, 1892
[President Wilford Woodruff Journal] May 17, 1892 I met with the board of ZCMI & many visitors but went home Early. (2)

-- Thursday, Aug 4, 1892
[Apostle John Henry Smith Diary] Salt Lake City

I gave Sarah a note for one thousand dollars, secured by 6 shares Z.C.M.I. and 200 shares Spanish Fork Coop. Stock. (1)

-- Tuesday, Aug 23, 1892
[Apostle John Henry Smith Diary] Salt Lake City

I met with the Z.C.M.I. board of Directors and we talked over the Chamber of Commerce suit against the Union Pacific. (1)

-- Sep 15, 1892
[President Wilford Woodruff Journal] 15 I met with the Z.C.M.I. Board & with the Twelve. I had much Company all day. (2)

Footnotes:
1 - Jean Bickmore White (editor), Church, State, and Politics: The Diaries of John Henry Smith, Signature Books in association with Smith Research Associates, Salt Lake City, 1990
2 - Wilford Woodruff's Journal: 1833-1898 Typescript, Volumes 1-9, Edited by Scott G. Kenney, Signature Books 1993
LDS History Chronology: Z.C.M.I

Mormon Timeline: Z.C.M.I
http://lds-church-history.blogspot.com/