The history of Z.C.M.I, Apr 2, 1891

-- Apr 2, 1891
[President Wilford Woodruff Journal] 2 I signed 9 Recommend. I received 11 Letters. I met with the Presidency & Twelve & Partook of the sacrament & talked about Political Matters, Ogden & About Our taking $200,000 worth of Stock in Z.C.M.I. (1)

-- Apr 4, 1891
[President Wilford Woodruff Journal] April 4 The Annual Conference of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Commenced this Morning in the Tabernacle. A Choir of 200 singers led By Brother Stephen opened by singing the Hymn of Now let us regoice in the day of Salvation. Angus M Cannon Prayed. W Woodruff spoke a short time followed By Brother Lund M W Merrill & John W Taylor. Afternoon. F M Lyman L Snow A H Cannon & G Q Cannon spoke.

I met with the stock Holders of the Z.C.M.I at 4 oclok. I Attended the Priesthood Meeting in the Evening. (1)

-- Apr 15, 1891
[President Wilford Woodruff Journal] 15 I Signed 31 Recommends. I received 3 Letters. I wrote 1 Letter to Malinda Hatch. I met with ZCMI. Board Also with the board of Zions Saving Bank. I Attended the Theater in the Evening. (1)

-- Wednesday, Apr 15, 1891
[Apostle John Henry Smith Diary] Salt Lake City

T. W. Jennings resigned his position as Director of Z.C.M.I. and I was appointed in his place.

I drew dividends from H. J. Grant & Co. $16.00, Coop. W. & M. Co. $90.00, Home Fire Insurance Co. $150.00. (2)

-- Apr 17, 1891
[President Wilford Woodruff Journal] 17 I signed 10 Recommends. I received 6 Letters. I signed 113 of ZCMI Stock & 9 Students licens. I laid hands upon G. Q. Cannon Head with J F Smith & blessed him for his Journey in Calafornia. (1)

Footnotes:
1 - Wilford Woodruff's Journal: 1833-1898 Typescript, Volumes 1-9, Edited by Scott G. Kenney, Signature Books 1993
2 - Jean Bickmore White (editor), Church, State, and Politics: The Diaries of John Henry Smith, Signature Books in association with Smith Research Associates, Salt Lake City, 1990
LDS History Chronology: Z.C.M.I

Mormon Timeline: Z.C.M.I
http://lds-church-history.blogspot.com/