The history of Z.C.M.I, Monday, Oct 3, 1892

-- Monday, Oct 3, 1892
[Apostle John Henry Smith Diary] Salt Lake City

Aunt Lucy gave me a deed to all of our joint property.

She gave to my Wife Sarah our stock in Z.C.M.I. and transfered it. She distributed her effects among the family.

Josephine & children came tonight. (1)

-- Oct 5, 1892
[President Wilford Woodruff Journal] 5 I met with ZCMI Board & Stock Holders And all of the Old Board & Officers were Elected. I met with the Bank board also & heard the rep[or]t of the same. (2)

-- Oct 17, 1892
[President Wilford Woodruff Journal] 17 President Cannon got a Telegram this morning from his s[on?] saying that his Brother Son David died this morning at 9 oclok in Jermany 21 years old. President Cannon his Father telegraphed for his Body to be brought home.

I spent the day in the office & met with board of Z.C.M.I. And attended to the business Necessary. I met with quite a Number of visitors. (2)

-- Dec 15, 1892
[President Wilford Woodruff Journal] 15 I met with Mr Salisbury. We met with the Board of Z.C.M.I and herd the report of Nov of the institution. I wrote to Newton. (2)

-- During 1892
[BYU] Temporary accommodations, including a ZCMI warehouse, served until a new Academy building on University Avenue was dedicated in 1892. (3)

Footnotes:
1 - Jean Bickmore White (editor), Church, State, and Politics: The Diaries of John Henry Smith, Signature Books in association with Smith Research Associates, Salt Lake City, 1990
2 - Wilford Woodruff's Journal: 1833-1898 Typescript, Volumes 1-9, Edited by Scott G. Kenney, Signature Books 1993
3 - Utah History Encyclopedia: BYU, http://www.media.utah.edu/UHE/b/BRIGHAMYOUUNIVER.html

LDS History Chronology: Z.C.M.I

Mormon Timeline: Z.C.M.I
http://lds-church-history.blogspot.com/