The history of Z.C.M.I, Friday, Sep 14, 1894

-- Friday, Sep 14, 1894
[Apostle John Henry Smith Diary] Salt Lake City

I met with the Directors of Z.C.M.I. Business seems to be looking up a little.

[Went to Idaho for church meetings, September 15-19.] (1)

-- Oct 15, 1894
[President Wilford Woodruff Journal] 15 I spent the day at the office. I met with the board of Z.C.M.I. & heard their report. I met with many persons. (2)

-- Monday, Dec 17, 1894
[Apostle John Henry Smith Diary] Salt Lake City

I borrowed $500.00 at the State Bank today and gave six shares of Z.C.M.I. stock. I was at the Groesbeck offices part of the day. The Kanab Coop. Land Directors met and talked over their business affairs.

I was elected a Delegate to the Constitutional Convention on Nov. 6. The Utah Commission are trying to count me out. (1)

-- Dec 18, 1894
[President Wilford Woodruff Journal] 18 We listened to the Report of the financial Committee of the Utah Company which Seemed Hopeful. I Attended a meeting on the 17 with the ZCMI Board. (2)

-- Jan 15, 1895
[President Wilford Woodruff Journal] 15 I signed a Note to day as Trustee in trust for $500,000 for three years at about 5 percent. I met with Wm. Budge & Met with the board of Z.C.M.I. And several other Parties. (2)

Footnotes:
1 - Jean Bickmore White (editor), Church, State, and Politics: The Diaries of John Henry Smith, Signature Books in association with Smith Research Associates, Salt Lake City, 1990
2 - Wilford Woodruff's Journal: 1833-1898 Typescript, Volumes 1-9, Edited by Scott G. Kenney, Signature Books 1993

LDS History Chronology: Z.C.M.I

Mormon Timeline: Z.C.M.I
http://lds-church-history.blogspot.com/